Erste Group aquires minority stake in BCR from SIF Oltenia

Trimite stirea unui prieten
Nume *
E-mail *
E-mail prieten *
Cod validare * Turing Number
Tastati codul din imagine (doar cifre)

2018-06-25 12:35

Erste Group and SIF Oltenia announce the preliminary agreement for the acquisition of a 6.29% stake in BCR, according to a statement.

- Erste Group to acquire the entire stake held by SIF Oltenia in Banca Comerciala Romana for EUR 140 million

- The execution of the transaction is planned for the second half of the year 2018

- Erste Group’s participation in BCR is set to increase to 99.88%

Erste Group Bank AG (Erste Group) announces it has reached a preliminary agreement with SIF Oltenia, minority shareholder in Banca Comerciala Romana (BCR), for the acquisition of its entire 6.29% stake or 1,023,534,303 shares in BCR.

Subject to the successful completion of Erste Group and SIF Oltenia’s corporate and regulatory approval processes (Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders in SIF Oltenia’s case, Supervisory Board and European Central Bank in Erste Group’s case), the purchase will be implemented in a single sale-purchase transaction.

The financial terms of the transaction are as follows:

Cash for 1,023,534,303 BCR shares at a price of EUR 0.136 per share (RON 0.64 per share, based on 22th June 2018 exchange rate).

Subsequent to the completion of the transaction, Erste Group’s participation in BCR is set to increase to 99.88%. The remaining 0.12% or 19,830,840 shares in BCR are held mainly by former and current BCR employees.

The transaction values BCR at a price/book multiple of 1.35x as of Q1 2018, in line with market valuations for Romanian listed banks. The total value of the transaction amounts to EUR 140 million (RON 654 million, exchange rate 1:4.67).

The transaction would have a negligible impact on Erste Group’s CET1 Capital. The execution of the transaction is planned for the second half of the year 2018.

Erste Group in Romania – acquisition timeline

In October 2006 Erste Group completed the acquisition of a 61.9% stake from AVAS (Romanian Authority for Assets Recovery), the EBRD and IFC. In November 2006 Erste Group acquired a further 7.2% in BCR through an offer made to BCR employees. In 2011 Erste Group acquired a 24% stake in BCR from four of the five SIFs (SIF Banat-Crisana, SIF Moldova, SIF Transilvania, SIF Muntenia – each 6.0%), in an offer which involved cash and share swap.


Adauga un comentariu
Nume *:

E-mail *:
(nu se afiseaza pe site)

Turing Number

Tastati codul din imagine (doar cifre)  

Adauga un comentariu folosind contul de Facebook

Alte stiri din categoria: ENGLISH

Agreement between National Bank of Greece and Export-Import Bank of Romania for the sale of Banca Romaneasca

National Bank of Greece (“NBG”) announces the signing of a definitive agreement with ExportImport Bank of Romania (“EximBank”) for the sale of its 99.28% stake in Banca Romaneasca (“BROM”). The Transaction is expected to increase NBG’s CET1 ratio detalii

Banca Transilvania financial results as at December 31, 2018

BT’s Preliminary Financial Results as at December 31, 2018 (press release) Banca Transilvania, the largest lender of the local economy in 2018: customer support twinned by the Bancpost integration ●196,000 loans to companies and individual detalii

EU Regulation on cross-border payments

Frequently asked questions: Intra-EU cross-border payments Brussels, 14 February 2019 What did the Commission propose in 2018 and why? EU cross-border payments in euro are very cheap or even free in euro area Member States (priced as domestic payments) but still expensive in non-euro area Member States. The two amendments proposed by the Commission in March 2018 to the Regulation on cross-border payments will reduce the cost of intra-EU payments within the entire EU and unify the single retail payments market. This will benefit in particular citizens and businesses from the non-euro area Member States by letting them have access to cheaper intra-EU euro payments. Transactions made in EU currencies other than the euro are not detalii

National Bank of Romania (NBR) Board decisions on monetary policy: rate unchanged at 2,5%, risks stem from new fiscal measures

NBR Board decisions on monetary policy The annual CPI inflation rate continued to go down in December 2018 to 3.27 percent from 3.43 percent in November, moving deeper into the variation band of the flat target. Thus, the NBR fulfilled its objective of maintaining price detalii

Ultimele Comentarii